
Yesterday Wyatt turned 10 months! He is a small but very mobile 10 monther. Each day he is trying to communicate more and more. He uses hand signs for 'eat', 'milk' and 'more'. That is all I have really taught him or he might know more. Right now he is really into clapping. He learned to do it a long time ago but stopped for a while. Now he claps all the time- even while he is walking. He is finally sleeping through the night. I hope I don't jinx it. The past four nights he has slept from 8:30 to 7. It has been wonderful.
Here is 'Yankee Doodle Wyatt' according to Christie. Our Fourth began kind of crumby but got a lot better. We went to a 'festival' on the river in San Marcos that turned out to be really lame. There were a few booths selling junk, some junk food and it was about 99% humidity and h-o-t hot. So after some ice cream and funnel cake (while listening to a really horrible band) we left. Christie and che invited us to go swimming and eat hot dogs in the late afternoon. That was a lot of fun. Christie's aunt has a little boy close to Noah's age so they played in the pool the whole time. Wyatt and Ben kept Christie, Che, Greg and I busy entertaining, feeding and cleaning up after them. The boys were exhausted by the time we got home so we put them to bed, watched a bad movie and went to bed ourselves. No fireworks- other than the non-pretty, loud ones the rednecks in our neighborhood set off all hours of the night. They must have not had time to fire them all because all day yesterday and last night they were still goin at it. The boys probably would have enjoyed a big display, but they start so late and Monday night was rainy.
Here is Wyatt chowing down on a tomato yesterday. I was babysitting Molly and I had all the kids
in the backyard looking at flowers and picking stuff int he garden. The babies wanted to inspect the tomatos and before I knew it they were both eating them like apples! The one Wyatt is eating is a variety that is supposed to be green. Don't worry, I woulnd't feed the babies unripe veggies. Molly ate most of a huge red one. Wyatt only ate about a third of that green one. Afterwards everyone went in the tub to get off all the tomato juice and dirt.My exciting news is that I am getting a new camera! Canon has an upgrade program so I am sending in mine and they are sending me back a refurbished current model that is leaps better than the one I have. It takes much better video too. I am determined to figure out how to get video on the blog. I think I will work on that right now while Wyatt is taking an uncharacteristically long nap. Nevermind! He just woke up while loading that last picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment