Sunday, October 22, 2006

Camping Trip


Saturday morning we packed up the car, to the very top, and headed to Emma Long Park on Lake Austin for a one niter camping trip. It was the boys first camping trip, more importantly, it was our first camping trip with the boys. They had a blast but it was so hard! It was a trial trip and I think we may wait a couple years till we attempt it again unless we can con family or friends to come along for support. We really did have a good time though. We were right on the lake so we had a gorgeous spot with big trees. Noah rode his bike all over the park, focusing primarily on riding throught the biggest mud puddles he could find. The boys went swimming, we went on walks and of course we had a campfire (in a grill because there are no ground fires allowed). Noah roasted his first marshmallows and hot dogs and we made smores. At that point in the evening I was not in the mood to take cute pictures of marshmallow covered kids. Sorry. Wyatt was just crazy. He doesn't sit still and play with anything. He was uninterested in the fun dirt and sticks around us. Instead, he wanted to do everything we did. Unfortunately, setting up tents and building fires are not great activities for babies. He did like the lake and playing in the tent. Here he is 'napping'. We brought along his playpen and set it up in the little tent so he could have his own little room. He did good for about half the night, but when the cold front blew through and the temp dropped about 30 degrees, he woke up. I went in to find him on top of his blankets, socks pulled off, with a huge leaky diaper and freezing cold. After an hour of warming, changing and soothing he finally fell back asleep between me and Noah. This was my first time ever to sleep with my boys. They are everywhere when they sleep. I think they took up about two thirds of the tent. It was really cute to see them all curled up intertwined with the dogs who loved the big expanse of big blankets. We were cozy the rest of the night as the wind howled outside. The boys both woke up in wonderful moods even though Noah was a little cold and couldn't wear shoes becuase to the mud puddles he just had to stomp in the night before. We warmed them up with some hot chocolate. I even put some in Wyatt's bottle because I forgot a sippie cup. He loved it and learned how to say 'ha choc' about two seconds after his bottle ran empty so of course I had to give him more. After a yummy breakfast and got our stuff loaded and got outta there. The boys are now at home, bathed and resting. I should be too but I just had so much to blog!

No comments: