Sunday, October 08, 2006

First Week of October

Our week was pretty uneventful. Here is Noah helping me make brownies for our 10th grade Sunday school class. He loves to help me cook- you can see why. Wyatt is talking more and more. Even though there are only a handful of words he uses consistently, he repeats words and noises we make all the time. His top molars are trying to push through and there have been several miserable days of teething off and on. Teeth never seemed to bother Noah. It seemed like they just all appeared one day. Wyatt's teeth really make him cranky. But he is so good about letting me look in his mouth. I tell him to say 'Ahhh' and he opens his mouth as wide as he can and does it while I poke around. The other day I was in the laundry room a few minutes and when I came out he was sitting in his high chair. I guess he figured out how to climbed in by himself. Today he climbed the ladder into our attic. Don't worry, I spotted him. Good thing we don't have stairs or balconies. The lawn mower and vacumm are Wyatt's best friends. While I vacumn he either rides on the cannister or hugs it and murmurs sweet nothings to it. He loves things that are louder than him.
Greg got a new bar-b-que pit. Our youth paster gave us his old one. Greg cleaned and repainted it, had a pole welded to it, stuck it in a hole in our yard and mounted deer antlers on it for handles. I think it is a bit of an eye sore but he LOVES it. Last night he grilled on it for the first time. He used a little too much lighter fluid because the coal was not igniting. He lit it, the fire flared, singing most of the hair on his face and left arm and burning his knuckles so that today they are big gooey blisters. Best of all, he melted the shade cover on the deck. This picture was about a nano second before things got a little too hot. Despite the problems, he got the steack grilled, it was yummy and he still loves the pit. He is going to have to modify the shade cover, though.

No comments: