
Before I get a bunch of nasty comments and phone calls, let me explain. I really thought Wyatt needed a haircut! It was in his eyes and getting tiny, but impossible, tangles in the back. If I just kept cutting it along his eyebrows and next then pretty soon he'd have a goofy, poofy bowl cut. Plus, I did it after a day of tangles and pulling food out of it. Good thing I don't have a girl because when I am in a moment of frustration with the boys' hair I just pull out my trimmers. I did use the longest guard I have on Wyatt. I couldn't beleive how much he had- I cut off about 4" on the top! I miss his hair and regret cutting it. In my opinion, he now looks like the class bully. Not in this picture, of course. I wouldn't post anything too unflattering unless it was just too funny not to. Noah took this picture and several more really good ones of Wyatt smiling. Wyatt is more willing to smile for Noah than for me.
Other than giving and receiving bad haricuts, this week we have spent a good majority of our time on the playground. Here is Wyatt riding his new swing for the first time. I had to plead for Greg to put in a swing for Wyatt, but it turns out that we should have put in two or three. I spend most of my days now pushing the boys on the swing, breaking up fights over the swing and laying out a swing ride schedule for them and our neighbor's kids. The swing is a big hit. Noah and Wyatt want to be on the playground all the time now. I'm glad it got chilly out so at least when I drag them in kicking and screaming they settle down a little easier when I wipe their runny noses and they realize they can feel their fingers again. I'm very proud of Wyatt's vocabulary, but I am beginning to hate the words 'outside' and 'swing'.
Wyatt is totally focused on talking right now. He tries repeating just about everything and is very particular about his pronounciation. He does tend to put a 'y' at the end of somethings. Like 'hugy' instead of 'hug'. He says 'brrrr' when he goes out in the cold and waves his arms and tries to say 'peee-ewwww' when I change his diaper. I recently discovered that 'mommy' means he wants something to drink. An urgent, loud 'MAW-MEEEEE' means he wants a bottle (which I'm trying to wean him from so my doctor won't give me that 'tsk, tsk, bad mom' look the next time I take him in). Of course he lovingly calls Greg 'dad', usually over and over again when he is playing with him. I guess he doesn't feel the need to give me a title. Isn't the whole reason we have names is to get each other's attention? He obviously feels like he already has all of mine, and most of the time I feel the same way. He is working on saying 'Noah', but right now it sounds like 'No-nah' which is still pretty cute. He just woke up from his nap so I better go!
No comments:
Post a Comment