Christmas - Part Two
Late, late Christmas night we arrive in Dallas. We stuff stockings for the adults (the rest of the family was kind enough to wait and do them when we arrived- thank you, Dori!) and went to bed. The next morning we had a big breakfast and hung out until Dori and Jay arrived. We opened more gifts. Noah's favorite thing from that round was his Cars (the movie) city. It is made up of several stores from the movies and they fit together with streets that he can drive his Cars cars on. We finally retired Greg's tired old Hot Wheel city and set up the new city on Noah's 'train' table. Mom gave Wyatt a 'cleaning caddy' with
a little vacum, a mop, a broom and other cleaning supplies. Here Greg is helping him open it. Dacy also received some cleaning equipment. They opened these gifts early on and spent the rest of the day cleaning Mimi's house, taking short pauses to glance at the other gift Dori and I were opening for them. Dad suprised Mom, Dori and I with matching necklaces. They are gorgeous white gold, diamond and saphire necklaces. He is the best dad ever! Once again, I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked. I see Dori and Jay taking them and figure they are getting better ones anyway. Visit Dori and I's Flickr sites to see more pics. That evening we had wonderful dinner. Mom decorated her dining room in a beautiful 'snowy' theme. We stayed in Dallas for a couple more days. Mom, Dori and I escaped for a few hours to go shopping while the babies slept, the boys
played and the big boys installed Jay's new speakers. It doesn't seem like much, but I think it is the first time since Dori and I started having babies that we have gone anywhere without them. Greg was able to visit and ride with a buddy of his from Alabama that was visiting his Dallas family. Friday we loaded up and headed for the lakehouse. We had both the Rav and the 4Runner packed from floor to ceiling. It tooks most of the day to make the trip, but the boys behaved even though the weather didn't. On Saturday we had the annual McDanel shindig. At this time of night, I don't have enough brain power left to calculate how many people were there. It was a great time even with our meager, Charlie Brown-like decorations. Take a look at Dori's pics to see what I mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment