
Curious about the title? Let me start with last Monday. I was pushing Noah on the swing when Wyatt zoomed between us and Noah came back, slammed right into the side of Wyatt's head, knocking him totally off his feet. Without a thought, I dove for Wyatt, putting my hand out to stop Noah, picked up Wyatt, turned around and to have my nose smashed by a still swinging Noah- guess I only slowed him down. I heard a horrible crunching sound and was momentarily blinded by pain. All three of us are now crying (Noah, because by big old nose bruised his back!). Noah and Wyatt quickly recovered and returned to playing, while my nose swelled up and my whole face ached. Thankfully, I have a fairly
prominent nose and most of the damage was done towards the tip so I did not suffer any black eyes. I'm not sure if I broke it (I could still breath) but it still hurts. Maybe I just smashed up all the cartilage in it. Last night while I was dressing Noah, he swung his arm around and

whacked me right in the nose and sent a searing pain through my whole head. The moral of the story: little boys are harder to break than their parents are. Tuesday was Daddy Joe's funeral. Below is the eulogy Greg gave. He did an awesome job and I am very proud of him for how he honored Daddy Joe. We had to take Wyatt with us because he woke up that morning with the beginnings of pink eye. I gave him my homeopathic pink eye preventer drops that work really well if you catch it early. After two doses, though, Wyatt got ahold of the bottle and broke it. By that point his eyes looked okay. Wednesday night I was pulled out of my Bible study at church because Wyatt had fallen head first into the corner of a bookshelf in child care.

She said he had a huge goose egg on his head. I told her he already had a small one there from a fall he took on Tues. (picture on the left, holding ice to his boo boo) and asked her if he was upset and needed comforting. She replied that he was fine and went right back to playing but she thought with a bump that big he might need some tylenol. I told her if it wasn't bothering him then he didn't need anything. She looked a little aprehensive. He was fine and that night at home he hit his head on something else and got a matching bump on the onther side. Gotta be even right? By Thursday his eyes were starting to look gooey again but my local store did not have the drops I like. I also began feeling a little under the weather that day too.

Did I mention Greg flew out of town immediately following the funeral and was gone until the wee hours of Sat morning? Friday morning I woke up, well I tried to but my eyes were gooed shut. So I took Wyatt to the doctor that morning, got a prescription for $60 drops and used them on both he and I (shhhh, don't tell my doctor). Since then, I made it a point to find my herbal eyes drops. By friday I was beginning to feel really sick. That night I had both boys ready for bed by eight. Noah went running to his bed, tripped and fell face first into the bunkbed ladder. He is much more dramatic than Wyatt and required cuddles, Mr. Bump and a lot of kisses on his purpling cheek. Since then I have been really sick. I think I have some sort of virus I probably got from Noah- the kind that gives a toddler a runny nose for a few days and makes an adult feel like walking death for two weeks. Because of it, my pink eye won't totally clear up. I will post more pictures later tonight when I have more time.

So much for more time. Greg and I are watching a movie right now (
Facing the Giants - I highly reccomend it) so I thought I'd catch up a little. Today was Cowboy day at Noah's school. The kids dressed western and had a cowboy cookout. Noah was the cutest little cowboy ever. Tonight we went for a walk and Noah wanted to wear his boots and both boys insisted on their cowboy hats. Wyatt looks more like a little hillbilly than a long tall cowboy. Still, he is just as cute of a hillbilly as Noah is a cowboy. This last picture is of Wyatt enjoying his first smoothie. Maybe blueberry wasn't such a great choice... Yesterday Wyatt learned to say 'Godsey'. He is surprisingly clear. He says 'I-ah' for 'Wyatt'. I can't believe how much he is talking already. Noah wasn't saying as much when he was 2. Noah and Wyatt are officially sharing a room now. We bought bunkbeds about a month ago. Advice for new moms of siblings: if they fight all the time- try bunkbeds. Seems counter intuitive but it really changed Noah and Wyatt. Noah was so excited to have Wyatt sleep on the bottom bunk that he has become more generous with all his stuff. Of course, it took a few weeks for Wyatt to prove that he could handle the new arrangement- he would talk and make noise until Noah would get up and ask us to take him out. He finally realized to sleep in the bunk he had to keep quiet. Today I moved Wyatt's stuff from his room to Noah's and turned Wyatt's room in to the guest/'Learning-Fun' room. It's where we can all play games together and the boys have a place to do some 'quiet' play. Most people have a game room for noisy play, but we have one room for quiet play because the other way just seems impossible. So, you can all come and visit (well, no more than two at a time if you want a bed) if you don't mind stayin' in a room with frogs and dragonflies painted on the walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment