
It has been such a long time since I last posted that it took me a good 15 minutes to remember the correct username/password combo to log into Blogger. So now I'm beat before I even got started. So, what has happened in the Godsey family in the past month? Well, if I gave you the details I'd be here all night and I'm sure blogger would kick me off for surpassing my storage limits. So here are the highlights. I think Mother's Day was somewhere in this past month. I'm pretty sure we were at the lakehouse, but we didn't officially celebrate until Monday when Greg made me breakfast and took the four of us out to dinner. Shortly after that was a weekend in Dallas and another trip to Vegas for Greg and I. This time we stayed in the newly remodeled Flamingo.

The convention we attended had a 'spouse program' of which I got to be a part. It included a makeover, pilates class and a really fun cooking (and eating!) demo at a shwanky Spanish restaurant on the strip. It was really fun. I didn't take any pictures- there are only so many pics of Vegas I desire to have and I've reached my limit. The boys stayed with Mimi in Dallas. Dad was out of town the whole week- poor Mimi. My boys are not always the little angels you see in these pictures. They tested their limits with Mimi but everyone survived and had fun. Immediately following that trip Mimi and Papa were in Austin for a couple days and the night they left we headed for Lago Vista for the Memorial Day weekend. We spent the three day weekend with Greg's parents.

Much of the weekend we were livin' it up at Greg's boss' house on Lake Travis. That was another really fun weekend. So that was almost two solid weeks of being out of town. We kicked off this past weekend early with a visit to the lakehouse on Thursday. Friday, my birthday, I spent the day with the Jr. High and High School girls from our chruch youth group. Me and some other ladies in the church hosted a 'spa day' for the girls that have attended our Bible study the past 5 months. We laid by the pool, had our nails and makeup done, snacked, relaxed in a massage chair, made a fancy dinner and took pictures. Not a bad way to spend my birthday. We were back at the lake on Saturday to play, play, play. And Sunday was back to church for the day. Whew! So in the past month we have traveled thousands of miles across several cities and states, seen
a lot of our families, celebrated two national holidays, graduated Noah from the Butterflies to the Monkeys class at preschool, healed probably a dozen skinned knees, bailed Yeti out of doggie jail and I turned a whole year older.

Wyatt gets more and more... fun?... each day. If you know how to interpret, he is talking like crazy. I don't know if he really is talking early than Noah or if it's that we are more in tune with toddler speak these days. Maybe a little of both. His most favorite things in the whole wide world are boats, chocolate and dad. He is happiest in his swim trunks, at either the lake or the river watching Greg paddle or wake board. He walks around the lakehouse chanting 'boat ride' until his demands are met. He carries a little plastic boat with him almost everywhere he goes. As for chocolate, he really can't get enough of it. I thought it was the cookies at first but now when I give him a big, chewy, amazing oatmeal cookie he has learned he can pick it apart- eating only the chocolate chips. He sucks the chocolate yogurt off of pretzels and I have to hide the chocolate syrup in the fridge so he doesn't see it when I pour him a cup of milk. I guess there
is something of me in his personality!

I spend most of my time these days refereeing arguments between Noah and Wyatt and trying to teach the two of them how to play together. When Wyatt came along I had wonderful images of the two of them being great buddies, but, so far, the only time they seem to enjoy each other's company is when they are wrestling like wild dogs in the middle of the living room which inevitably ends up in somebody (usually Noah) getting hurt. I've had to outlaw all wrestling unless supervised by Greg. They get along pretty good when I can get Noah to teach Wyatt things, but I have to be right there observing because it can go from good to nasty real quick. I suppose it will get better the older they get... right?
Okay, I just started uploading the pictures and realized there are all kinds of things we did this past month that I left out. So, the first picture is Wyatt asleep in the driver's seat of Papa's boat. We had taken the 9th and 10th graders from our church to the lake for a day.

Wyatt had a horrible fever that day and just couldn't stay awake. While we were cleaning the boat I sat him in the seat and he just curled up and slept. Poor guy, but it made for a really cute pic. I also left out a trip to Waco last month for Asahel's wedding. We stayed with Dan and Amanda. The boys had a blast with their five. It was their first time to wrangle chickens and ride a supersized wagon with bench seats and a handbrake. I had some good pics but I think I lost them. The fifth picture pretty much sums up Wyatt. In the water, a little crazy and a whole lot of fun. And the last pic sums up Noah- in a car, handsome sweety with a little sneakiness mixed in.
No comments:
Post a Comment