Monday, December 31, 2007

We're Baaaaaack!

For those of you who have stuck with me and continually check my blog even though I have not posted in over two months, thank you. I am back and ready to chronicle our lives in 2008 for the whole world to read. I'm not even going to try to update you on everything that has occured since my last post. You can visit my Flickr site for the best pics from the last couple months, but don't do it tonight- I can only do so much in one night. Christmas seems like a good starting point. We headed to Dallas on the Thursday before Christmas. We stopped in Waco and had a great time of fellowship with my cousins and their families. The boys were so anxious to get to Mimi's house that they didn't sleep a wink between Waco and Dallas even though it was after 10 when we arrived. Mimi's house was clean and beautifully decorated. That didn't last long when the four of us (plus dogs) and our 4Runner FULL of stuff came through the door. Our first day in Dallas was great. We went shopping, soaked in some Christmas cheer and even went ice skating at the Galleria. Jon Conal had hurt his ankle at school and Wyatt would not have anything to do with the skates so Noah and Dacy skated with Dad, Greg, Mimi and Dori. They did great. Noah was cautious and wobbly, but Dacy took to it with confidence and was pretty good. The next day, Saturday, things took a turn for the worst. The boys both began showing signs of an unpleasant stomach bug that morning (I won't go into gorry details, but they were not throwing up). By that night I had a full on stomach flu in the worst way. So while I sat in the recliner with a blanket over me between trips to the bathroom, mom pretty much took care of the boys and their tummy issues. She is such a great Mimi. I was sick for pretty much the rest of the week. The kids recovered by Christmas though and Christmas morning was amazing. All us adults just sat back and watched the kids tear into their gifts. It was so much fun. We discovered Noah has a talent to unwrap gifts at a superhuman speed while sincerely, and in unique Noah animation and high pitch excited voice, thank the gifter between each package. The kids rolled around in their pile while the rest of us opened our presents. Like always, we were spoiled. Mom began feeling sick that evening so grandma, Dori and I took over the finishing touches on dinner. Unfortunately, with all the illness in the house, our delectable Christmas dinner did not get the attention it deserved. I forced myself to eat a plate full but it came back to haunt me the next day. Which brings us to our visit with Greg's family the day after Christmas. Again, we thuroughly enjoyed watching Noah, Mckenna, Wyatt and Avery tear into gifts. By far, the biggest hit were the cameras Mama G found the kids. Noah and Mckenna got real digital cameras especially made for kids and Wyatt and Avery got pretend cameras that make real camera sounds. All four kids were taking pictures of everything. Most of Noah's pictures are of Mckenna taking pictures. They even took pics of the movie they watched that night. When we got back home we showed Noah how to put the pictures on his computer. I think it makes him feel really grown up. I will have to post some of his work soon. Because I felt so crummy and spent most of my time in the bathroom, I don't have much else to say about our Godsey Christmas, but the kids had a really great time playing with their grandparents and cousins. It was nice to get back home because we were worn out, but a little sad when we got home to a pathetic brown tree devoid of pretty gifts. Such a long time untill next Christmas. Actually, we celebrated a mini Christmas with the McDanel side over the weekend which always helps to ease us out of the season. This weekend has been wonderful. We have just hung around the house, shopped, visited with friends and enjoyed time with just our little family. Yesterday we took the canoe to Lady Bird Lake (aka Town Lake) in Austin. We put in at Barton Springs Pool and paddled out to the lake and west to the MoPac bridge. We brought the dogs along too. We had a great time watching turtles swim in the clear water, ducks flutter across the water as we passed and huge swanns take flight. It was the dogs first canoe trip and they behaved and seemed to love it. The hike and bike trail was bustling with Austinites enjoying the gorgeous weather. It was a great afternoon. Being the cute family everyone awwwwws at is always fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to have the blog goin' again! Can't wait for the new Flickr pictures!