Thursday, May 11, 2006

All Before 9 AM...

So Greg was on his way to work yesterday morning, on the motorcycle, and a bee got caught in his sunglasses- right between his eyes. He remained calm and pulled over. He took off his sunglasses and looked in his mirror to see the bee viciously and repeatedly sticking its stinger in his nose. He flicked off the bee but the stinger remained so he drove the rest of the way to work and had a colleague remove the stinger with tweezers. Fortunately he works with a bunch of ladies that just love to give him a hard time and thuroughly enjoyed the whole event. His nose was a little swollen yesterday morning but by the evening it was back to normal and just a little sore. But this morning when he woke up he could hardly open his eyes he was so swollen. He looked like Will Smith in the movie Hitch when his character had a bad reaction to seafood. This picture is actually flattering compared to what he looked like in person. He went to work like this this morning. I haven't heard from him yet today to see how he is doing.
This morning I nursed Wyatt when he woke up and then fed him some baby yogurt about an hour later. It was only his second time to have yogurt and he absolutely loves it. So about 15 minutes after I feed him he throws up all over the place. I was holding him so it got all over me, him and the kitchen. It was all I could do not to let loose myself. I don't know if his digestive system didn't like it or he over ate or maybe he just had a big bubble in his belly. Greg was allergic to dairy when he was little so I may lay off the yogurt for a while. Wyatt may look more like me but that is where the resemblance ends. He is 99% Greg under that cute smile.
A few days ago the dogs alerted us that there was an animal of some kind under the deck. Since then I have heard several 'somethings' sqealing under there. It is obvious that there are baby critters of some sort nesting in the most cozy, and hardest to get to, spot under our deck. I have been hesitant on taking any action. I don't want to kill the mother and then have a bunch of babies dying under there and I was not really sure exactly what it was. The sounds were too big for mice but I don't think a cat could get under there. This morning Riley was going especially nutty trying to get to them- scratching at the spot over their nest and barking. This morning was such a gorgeous morning outside I have several windows open. I was washing the dishes when I got a whiff of a nast stench. Skunk. Riley finally agravated the mom enough that she felt it time to reveal her identity. Fortunately I think the deck kept Riley from getting the full force of the spray. He came in the house utterly defeated and plopped down on the floor. He has aired out and the house is slowly getting back to normal. Hopefully the deck won't forever smell skunky. So let me know if you have any suggestions on how to get rid of a skunk family. Our current plan is to let the babies get a little bigger and then trap all of them. I definately don't want to take away the mama before the babies can make it on their own or we will have an even worse stink to deal with. At least Riley and Yeti have decided to back off. I think Yeti knew the whole time because he was keeping his distance. And they say Border Collies are sooooo smart. So that has been our day so far. All before 9 a.m.

No comments: