
Becky and I went on a Wonderful little getaway this week. On Tuesday morning we packed up the kiddos and headed to the lakehouse for some good ol' fashion relaxin'. Well, as much relaxing as possible with two high maintenance babies and a three year old boy. We did manage to do some sun worshipping, play in the water, lounge, watch a chick flick and, most importantly, indulge in chocolate cookies and ice cream. Greg came out Tuesday evening just in time to do some wakeboarding and take a gorgeous evening boat ride. Much to our dismay we headed home Wed morning. The week must go on.

Wyatt has three teeth and the fourth is starting to poke through. His lovely new habit is to grind together his bottom and new top teeth. The sound makes me shudder. Finally he is on a regular schedule and slowly he is sleeping longer and longer at night. I'm hoping that within the next couple months that last nightime nursing will drop off. I'm not pushing it becuase with it he is sleeping until 7:30-8 in the morning. Which is late for this household. He is learning so much right now and developing new pieces of his personality every day, but I just can't think of it all when I sit down to write.
His favorite game is peek-a-boo. Every night when I lay him down wrapped up in his bath towel he pulls it over his head and waits for me to say 'where's Wyatt?'. He then pulls the towels down and grins. He will repeat this game over and over. Sometimes he puts the towel up to my face for 'where's mama?' Riley even gets in on the game and paws at the towel, trying to pull it off Wyatt's Face. We have also discovered that Wyatt is a music lover. He loves being sung to and bops to music. He also enjoys beating his drum and shakin his shaker egg. He was totally captivated by Becky's singing- probably because he has never had anyone in this house sing to him in key! Maybe Mimi will get her wish and have a handsome, guitar playin, country music singer for a grandson.
No comments:
Post a Comment