Monday, June 05, 2006

A Little Lengthier Than Usual

Since my last entry I am now a whole year older. Greg took me out for some birthday sushi at our favorite Japanese place in downtown Austin while a friend watched the boys. We had a really nice time after a somewhat stressful day for the both of us. This past weekend we visited all the grandparents. We hung out at Mama & Papa G's on Friday night and continued on to the lakehouse Saturday afternoon to play on the lake with Mimi and Papa. In this picture Papa was making Wyatt laugh by putting Wyatt's swim trunks on his head and letting them slowly slide off into his lap- with some silly faces and noises added for effect. The game went on for a good 15 minutes. It was the deepest belly laugh I have ever heard from Wyatt. We caught it on video. I think the two of them look a lot alike in this pic. This weekend was Wyatt's first time to really swim in the lake. We bought him a little floaty that suspends him in the middle of a tube. He loves it. He walks around in the shallows just where his feet can barely touch, which happens to be under the front end of the boat dock. He walked around under the dock touching all the screws, picking up sticks and moss and hanging from the line to the minnow bucket. I wish I had taken a picture! Both boys love boat rides and watching Greg wakeboard. I finally got a chance to get a good ride in on the wakeboard. It has been almost two years because I was pregnant all last summer. It felt great.
Here is a rare look at Wyatt's top teeth. Hey, it is exciting for me!
Today I took Wyatt to the doctor for his nine month check-up. I was very suprised to find out that he is only in the 10th percentile for height and weight. That just doesn't seem right because, compared to other babies his age, he always seems much taller. I guess it doesn't really matter. He is healthy and my doctor says he is 'very proportionate'. They have a multitude of carefully worded baby compliments to ease the minds of
young moms. Wyatt was super grumpy and cried pretty much the whole time. He screamed when they pricked his finger and squeezed out enough blood to fill a little vile. Turns out Wyatt is a really good bleeder (yet another weird compliment). He wouldn't keep a band-aid on and his finger was gushing. So, by the time we left he and I were both covered in blood. Also, Noah had to get a shot which put him in tears until soothed by a Sonic milkshake. So we were quite a scene leaving the office. I hope the new mothers in the waiting room weren't too scared by us. Wyatt is very close to walking. I say he will take his first steps in the next month. He pushes his little cart all over the house and today he kept forgetting he can't walk and would just let go and try to make some kind of progress. Once, he managed to take one step towards me before crashing, which he doesn't seem to mind. He still spends a lot of time on his tip toes, so he won't have a whole lot of success until he flattens his feet. Greg and I are sure he says dog. It sounds lake 'dag', but he definitely will point at a dog and say it or says it when a dog unexpectedly crosses his path. He knows and uses the hand signs for 'milk' and 'more', which is great except that he asks for milk more often than he really needs it just because he is excited to communicate. Tomorrow the boys and I are headed to Dallas to visit Mimi and Aunt Dori. Jon Conal is finally out of school so we are going to have some summer fun with all the kids. Noah is going bananas in anticipation. I wasn't going to make the trip for another couple of weeks but Noah, after talking to Aunt Dori on the phone, has been talking about the trip non stop, packing his backpack and picking flowers for Aunt Dori and Uncle Jay for the past week. I don't think he, or my plants, would have made it through another two weeks. So my blog may suffer a little in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: