Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wyatt is One Today!


Happy Birthday Wyatt! Actually, he will offcially be one at 4:45 this afternoon. This past Sunday we had a party for him at Greg's parents. It was a lot of fun. Mama G made a TX cake for Wyatt and Noah made and decorated a special little cake just for him. That is the one you see in this picture. Wyatt wanted to touch the lit candle so badly. I had to wrestle his little hands away from it through the whole B-day song. He doesn't have much blowing power yet but he tried. Everyone there said he was the neatest one year old cake eater they had ever seen. He stuck two little fingers in the cake, digging out small little bits at a time. After cake and ice cream we took all the kiddos to the Point Venture 'beach'. Lake Travis is soooooo low that there are some great beaches now. On Saturday we went to Ben's birthday pool party. He had a huge cake that he was not really interested in. He probably had cake overload from all the birthday celebrations in the past couple weeks! Noah thinks that every weekend is a party now. He just about right. In two weeks is Daddy Joe's 90th bash and not long after that Greg and Mom have their birthdays and then the holidays begin!
Greg and I are going to Vegas this week (again). I kinda wish he would have a business trip somewhere else. I shouldn't complain- we always have a good time. After we get back I will take Wyatt in for is 1-year checkup. It is probably good I don't take him in this week because he has a bug right now. He had a minor fever yesterday and has a gross nose and a little coughing. It slowed him down a little yesterday, but today he is as busy as ever.
Here is Noah riding his tricycle with Wyatt. They both love it- Noah usually tires of it before Wyatt. Wyatt holds on and we haven't had any accidents...yet. Noah is very close to riding his bicycle on his own. He can do it, he just lacks a little confidence and loses his balance when he gets distracted.

No comments: