Monday, October 30, 2006

Sign Language


We didn't do much last week. Just hung out, played, made messes, cleaned the messes, etc.. Thursday was 'Molly Day'. She wore an especially cute shirt that Wyatt just loved. Here they are talking about it. As they get older they interact more and more like real little people. They definitely have a brother/sister kind of relationship. Sometimes they play wonderfully and other times they do nothing but antagonize each other. Those days can get pretty loud around here. Becky and I have taught them the same signs. It is so funny to watch them communicate. When one wants something the other has he/she signs 'please' furiously at the other, gets mad when they don't get what they want, takes the thing, and then the other screams and signs 'please' back just as urgently while trying to steal the thing back. At least they are trying to be polite. Tonight Wyatt was fussing during dinner because I had forgotten to get him a drink. So I got him some water. He threw the water across the table and did his please sign for milk. How do I get mad at him for throwing the water across the table while he was so politely asking for milk? Today I taught him how to kiss. I ask him for a kiss and he comes at me mouth open, tongue out and plants a zerbert like smooch on my face. Even though it is pretty slobery, I love it. It is my baby drool facial.

No comments: