Thursday, November 02, 2006

Happy Halloween!


So here is what Noah and I have been working on for the past two weeks. Fillmore! For all of you who are not emersed in the world of animated film, Fillmore is the VW bus in the movie Cars. He is also who Noah chose to be for Halloween. I'm glad he picked him instead of Sally, the Porche. I don't know of any Porche-shaped boxes! I hunted down a water heater box and shaped it into Fillmore and Noah and I spent a lot of time painting him. He is to scale and the paint job is pretty close to the original. I even made a bunch of hippy bumper stickers out of mailing labels on the computer. Noah has been out-of-his-mind excited about Halloween. He loved wearing Fillmore. We went for an early trick-or-treating round down our street and then went to a fair put on by a chruch near our house. We entered him in a costume contest and he won 'Craziest Costume.' He got a ribbon and was intereviewd on their little stage. He spoke up clear and boldly when they asked him questions over the mic. It was soooo cute. He is very proud of his ribbon. After the fair we did a second round of trick-or-treating. By that time most everyone had turned off their porch lights, but the few people still answering their doors emptied their candy bowls into Noah's bag. He had so much fun pretending to drive Fillmore around the neighborhood. Wyatt was Mickey Mouse. It is the same costume Noah wore for his first two Halloweens. We are getting good use out of it. I think Wyatt is the cuter Mickey, though. He also loved wearing his costume and stayed in full character all night. Mama and Papa G joined us for the evening of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so brilliant and so creative! I love Noah's costume.What an incredible memory! You are super mama! Wish I could have seen the backside of the van with all the hippie stickers you made! You should have won a ribbon for coolest mom! TTYL, Chels