
Last weekend I got my camera back! I wish I could say that I have a bunch of new and exciting pictures, but I can't. Things have been pretty 'quiet' around here. That doesn't refer to the actual noise or energy level of the house- it just means no big news. Wyatt is still a little parrot. He has too many words to list. He is also developing his animal sounds. Goat and cat are my personal favorites. Wish this was a blog with sound. His noises and ramblings are hilarious and almost nonstop. Today he is pretty sick. He is running a super high temperature. Other than to take naps and a 20 minute trot around the living room (during which he managed to partially unwrap a couple presents, tear up some mail and terrorize Noah) he has been laying in my lap all day with his bottle in one hand
and his quilt in the other. It is so sad. A super high fever for a day or two seems to be the way his body fights even the most minor bug. I am not medicating him and letting his body burn out whatever it is so he will be feeling better for the upcoming festivities. If you look back at my blogs from this time last year I'm sure there are some entries about a fever or two. This time I know that is how he gets sick and I am not going to put him through any traumatic doctor's appointments.Last weekend Greg's parents watched the boys and Greg and I visited Waco. We attended Uncle Blair and Aunt Regina's church's Christmas presentation and then stayed the night and part of the next day with my cousins, Dan and Amanda. We had a great time visiting with family and it was incredibly relaxing. I wish the boys had been with us to play with their cousins and feed chickens. But of course they had a blast with their grandparents and didn't even pause when they saw us come in the door. I think Noah only got in the car with us because we told him that we were going to be back in a week for Christmas.
This weekend we are going to have some quality family time, just the four of us, before setting out for the grandparents'. This may be the last update for awhile, but I will return with Christmas pics. I am determined to get more and better pictures than I did last year.
My pictures do not match my text very well. Sorry.
The first one is me enjoying my hot chocolate the same way every mom with toddlers enjoys everything! The next one is Noah sliding down the new firepole Greg added to the swingset. As you can see, Noah has it mastered. Most kids that come over are too scared to try it. It is ten feet high. The last picture is our lettuce. Our summer garden was somewhat prodcutive but always looked on the verge of death. However, our winter garden this year is beautiful. I wish I had planted more. Right now we have lettuce and spinach and the peas and carrots are coming along. Much to Greg's delight, and my bewilderment, we have cilantro popping up everywhere. I think Wyatt may have spilled some seeds. This has been perfect winter weather for fast, robust veggies. I even have tomatoes ripening on my widowsill that I got off my last tomato plant just before it melted in the last frost. Homegrown tomatoes in December! Gotta love Texas.
No comments:
Post a Comment