I just read Christie's blog about our day at the zoo. It's great, be sure to check it out.Tuesday was Noah's first day of preschool (this is the corresponding scrapbook photo). He has been on the waiting list for our church's highly esteemed (at least that's the word in the yuppy mommy group) program since last summer. I was impatient, but God timed it perfectly. This week just so happened to be 'transportation week' and they are learning the letter 'N'. How perfect is that? Least to say, Noah Loves it and now, instead of waking up in the mornig and the first words out of his mouth being 'I'm hungry', he asks 'is it a school day?!' Of course the teachers love him. They were immediately impressed when he marched into the room, sat down with another little boy and played cars without even a glance back at me.
His teacher told me she was a little nervous about adding another boy to a class of only 11 boys and only 4 girls, but that Noah fits right in and needs very little instruction. Such a good boy.Here is a picture of his second day of school with his super cool lunch bag. I randomly decided to match the boys today. Notice they even have matching shoes. I was looking forward to the couple days a week I would have with only Wyatt in tow, but I have come to find out that it is not any easier, even harder in some ways, when the one boy is the more 'challenging' of the two. I almost feel like I am being less efficient because I now seem busier and I only have one kid. And, because I have to pick Noah up right about Wyatt's naptime, it looks like there will be days when Wyatt will not get more than just a nap in the car. Fortunately today I was able to transfer him from the car and not wake him. But Wyatt was crazy today. The only releif was the lack of intense disagreements he and Noah often get into. Wyatt wouldn't eat today, was cranky, mopped the dining area floor with his mop and dog water (I was on the phone- briefly), destroyed his room, and made a mess of my tubberware. When Noah was Wyatt's age we went on walks all the time. Sometimes he would walk along and sometimes he would sit peacefully in the stroller.
So, I decided to take Wyatt on a fun little walk today- just me and him. Well, he got tired of the stroller after about 5 minutes so I let him walk. He wanted to push Riley by the behind, making Riley very nervous and getting me all tangled in leashes and an unused stroller. When I finally freed myself, tied the dogs to the stroller and got Wyatt to take my hand, he broke free in a mission to touch every trash can in the neighborhood and declare 'trash!'. Mental note- I should never take Wyatt for a walk on trash day. I was okay with this, I just walked slower. Then he preceded to pick up dog poop from a yard so he could put it in the trash. This stems from one of his favorite hobbies: helping Greg and I pooper scoop the backyard. Except on the walk we did not have the scooper. So that was gross and my only option was to wipe his hands as much as possible on my jeans. At that point I forced him in the stroller and took off as fast as I could so he didn't have a chance to jump out. Instead, he decide to wiggle out of the straps and stand- which turned into jumping. So now I'm bookin it through the neighborhood smelling like poo, pushing a stroller containing a jumping toddler and scolding two poor, tired, tangled, stressed out dogs just trying to stay out of the way of stroller wheels. My relief came in the form of a garbage truck making its way down our street which captivated Wyatt allowing me to slow down and make it home with no more incidents.All that said, Wyatt is really a sweetie and all he really wants is someone to always play with an
d give lots of 'huggies'- as he calls them. I'd say he is fully talking now. He will repeat anything I ask him to and say two word sentences. He just won't talk much around other people. The last hour before it was time to go pick up Noah he walked around the house sadly saying 'Noah gone' and 'Noah school'. Finally he stood in the entry hall saying 'Car? Noah?' over and over. I was surprised to see how much he missed him. But he was asleep less than half way into the drive. He also learned two colors today- red and blue- while we were playing with play-doh. I think he knows yellow too.
1 comment:
Jon recently lost his lunch box so I replaced it and it just happens to be the exact same one that Noah is holding! Great minds think alike!
Post a Comment