Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday Noah!

Last Saturday we celebrated Noah's 4th birthday with a small birthday party. Of course the theme was the movie Cars. Mama G made an awesome Lighnting McQueen cake. Between transferring my pictures from the camera to the computer and doing some editing, I somehow lost the really good picture of the cake. I have the worst camera luck. The party was a lot of fun. He and his friends played like crazy. Wyatt, Skylar and Ben are all about the same age and had fun playing too. Noah now has nearly every Cars item ever made. He loves every one of them.
This past week we just did our normal thing. Noah's actual birthday was Tuesday which was a school day. So we took cupcakes for his class, they sang Happy Birthday to him during Chapel and he got to wear the birthday crown all day. Now, the first thing he tells everyone is that he is four. He has decided this is a turning point in his little life. Tuesday he promised to be nicer to Wyatt from now on and help with him everyday. With the exception of punching Wyatt in the face today, he has actually done a pretty good job at upholding his promise. A few days ago I took the boys down to the San Marcos River for a fun walk. Instead, we spent an hour throwing rocks into the river. Boys are so funny. They only stopped out of hunger and because they wanted to go check out a huge standard poodle playing near our car. This past weekend we tore up our veggie garden and got it ready for the spring. I felt like I planted things too late last year so I started early this year. On Saturday we amended and turned over the soil, added compost and planted lettuce, potato, broccoli and kale. The lettuce, spinach, carrots and peas we planted in the fall actually survived the freezes and are still thriving and producing. This last picture is the morning after Noah's party. Wyatt's hair always looks charged and these balloons clung to him all morning.

No comments: