Wyatt turned 18 months yesterday. I need to take both boys to the doctor for check-ups. We will get to it eventually. Today I gave the boys haircuts. It was Wyatt's first full haircut where I tried to actually do some blending. I think it looks really cute but Greg just laughs when he looks at it. I'm not sure what that means and I don't really want to know. He is cute to me. I wish I had a good picture of it. The teeth brushing picture was this morning before and the running Wyatt was this evening after, but you can't really tell much. It is much harder to trim Noah than Wyatt. Noah totally freaks out if one little itchy hair touches any skin below the nape of his neck. I used a clamp from the garage to hold the towel around his neck, forming a tight barrier that no hair would dare pass. Noah only puts up with it for about 10 minutes and then immediately needs a bath. Wyatt sat, in just a diaper and covered in hair, and played with the comb and cup of water while I trimmed away. He was totally unphased and even helped me comb his hair, oil the
blades and change the guards on the trimmers. They are just so different it never ceases to amaze me.As Noah gets older, we have devised many different modes and levels of discipline. One of which is 'time out'. Time out is a little spot on the kitchen floor he has to sit at quietly for at least 4 minutes. He really hates it- mostly because he is not allowed to talk. Sometimes I have to threaten it and when I do, Wyatt immediately runs to the time out spot and sits, waiting for Noah to join him. I guess he thinks it is some big boy game Noah and I play. Noah gets even crankier when Wyatt sits with him in time out, smiling and giggling like he is doing something really cool.
Sunday night we took our 10th grade Sunday school class bowling. It was Noah's first time. Greg, the amazing dad, did a great job teaching Noah what to do and helping him with each shot. He didn't even use bumbers or the kiddy guider thingy. The last game Noah got a higher score than two of the big kids. He had so much fun bowling and being tickled and teased by the high school girls he was asleep before we left the parking lot. Wyatt did good considering how crazy of a place a bowling alley is for a toddler. The first thing he did was run to the racks of bowling balls, pick up an 11 lb ball and try to run with it. I had my hands full and couldn't grab it properly and ended up tripping him, sending the ball bouncing along the floor. Making a bid rucus.
He just went for another ball. I spent much of the evening keeping him from stealing people's bowling balls (he really could pick up and carry any size there) and from running down the alleys. Eventually I pacified him with a cup of ice.We finished out the garden this weekend by putting in the warm weather veggies like tomatoes and squash. Noah's teacher gave the class sunflower seeds and told them to go home, plant them and 'watch them grow'. So a week or so ago we picked a spot behind our pea fence and planted them. After digging little holes, placing the seeds and watering them, Noah stood back, staring at where we just planted the seeds and said 'okay, let's watch them grow'. He was expecting to see them just pop out of the soil right then. We have done a lot of gardening with him so he knows the general process and timeline, but I had to explain to him that his teacher did not mean that those seeds would grow immediately and we would have to watch them for several weeks. He was a little disappointed his teacher did not give him magical presto! seeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment