
I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted! Sorry! Jeez, I'll never be able to remember all that has happened. Maybe I should just write about the pictures. The first photo is from our first river trip of the season. It was after the first big rain a few weeks ago. The San Marcos river was in flood stage and Greg was so excited he could hardly stand it.

The boys love throwing rocks in the river, watching
Greg paddle, stomping around in the puddles and climbing on the rocks. This was Wyatt's first river experience where he has been old enough to really get anything out of it. He was ready to jump in the rapids and join Greg. He is a water junky like his dad. As you can see from the soggy smile, he really enjoyed sticking his hands in the water rushing over the rocks and having it spray back into his face. It made him squeal with glee. Noah, prefering not to have water anywhere near his face, was just as happy to stomp, shuffle, kick and dance in the water with his feet.

Of course it ultimately resulted in a fall and skinned knee. It was obviously worth it, because this picture was taken afterwards. After paddling, Greg played in the water with them. He would grab plants and sticks floating in the river, throw them into the current and they would all watch as it got tossed up and down as it moved downstream. In the first picture Wyatt is asking 'where'd it go?' During Spring Break the kids and I visited Mimi and the rest in Dallas. We took advantage of the boys now being in school. I don't have any pictures because we used mom and Dori's fancy cameras the whole time. Dori has some posted. We shopped (of course), visited the Dallas Arboretum and just hung out. Noah spent the night with Jon one evening. And not ten minutes after arriving there Dori calls me at Mimi's house to tell me that Noah tripped running across her deck and took a nose dive off it onto concrete flagstones. She did a great job comforting and calming him. His right forehead, eye and cheek were pretty much raw meat and a little swollen.

Jay asked Noah if he wanted to look at his face in the mirror. Noah asked why and Jay said because he got pretty hurt from his fall. Noah, with full confidence, told Jay "Don't worry about me. I'm going to be Okay!" I guess he was worried he might have to leave. When Noah finally did see himself he said "Ohhhhh." He is so funny. The following week he enjoyed retelling the story to everyone who questioned him about his scratched up face. Sorry I don't have any pics of that either. Our trip to Dallas was fun. Wyatt and Dacy are beginning to play together now. They are constantly on the move and both wanted to spend every moment they could outside. They are going to be great friends and none of us (except maybe Greg) are going to be able to keep up with them. This past weekend we went to Innerspace Caverns. We love to tour caves in the winter and somehow this winter we got busy and never went.

Anyhow, the boys had fun. Noah thinks anything with mud puddles is really cool. I was a little scared of keeping up with (meaning losing him down some dark, unexplored tunnel) Wyatt in a cave, but it went pretty well. He tried to climb over a couple of railings, run down some pretty steep, slippery slopes and take a few 'souvenirs', but none of it was any more dangerous than a normal trip to anywhere with Wyatt. I don't think we were the most favorite family our tour guide had ever had- oh well. After the cave, we went to the new Amy's Ice Cream near our house. Right outside is a huge playground and fountain. The ice cream was soooo yummy and we had a great time playing with the boys. Once again, no pictures from our fun family day. I forgot my camera. I have more pictures and more to write but I am just too exhausted. I'll try to add more this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment