Thursday, April 19, 2007
Bluebonnets, bunnies & bumps
This week has been incredibly busy, but I know that is no excuse for you blog addicts. Good news is that I love my new camera and have already taken over 600 pictures with it!
With such cute kids around me all the time, how do I not take pictures? Last week was a tough one for Wyatt. He just couldn't stay on his feet. His first major crash happened while walking through the living room and he tripped on his sandals (the shoes I loathe) and went face first into Noah's little armchair. that left a bruise covering his whole left cheek. The next day he did something (no one else was in the room, but I think it involved the bunkbed ladder) and acquired a good scrape beneath his left eye and he tore that little flap of skin that connects your upper lip to your gums. Later that day we went to a birthday party for a little friend of his and he fell at least three times. He fell so many times past two weeks that he became attached to 'Mrs. Helpful' (character shaped ice pack) and he took her wherever he went until she finally got a hole and began oozing goo. Poor Wyatt.
Noah was 'star of the week' at preschool last week. That means he got to take pictures of his family to school with him to show his class and also do show-and-tell. He took Herbie and his favorite Cars cars to show. He was so excited to get up in front of everyone and talk about his stuff. His class is also rehersing for an end of the year program. He talks about it all the time and can't wait to be up on stage on the big night. I guess we don't have to worry about stage fright or fear of public speaking for him. Last Saturday we went to Skylar's 2nd b-day party. Maggy the Happy Clown did a little performance, painted faces and make baloon animals. It was Noah first time to have his face painted. He chose to be a rabbit- not a tiger- a rabbit. Greg gave a little 'humph' when the clown put blush on his cheeks. He was the cutest little bunny I had ever seen. The clown painted a yellow happy face to hide Wyatt's bruised cheek. Monday of this week
Christie and Ben met us at the Wildflower Center to picnic and romp in the pretty flowers. It is the perfect place to let boys be boys. They ran, climbed, chased butterflies, swung big sticks, admired planes and trucks, hunted bugs, threw rocks in the water, stomped on bluebonnets and just had a good ol' time. There is a section where they have put in a picturesque little babbling brook that winds around, tumbling over rocks and running beneath little bridges. Little boys, flowing water and rocks are not always to best combination. Early on Ben almost fell head first into the babbling brook, but Christie literally caught him by one foot and pulled him up- I wish I had been quicker with the camera. Then the boys were doing pretty good just playing at the edge.
And right when Christie and I relaxed a little and let our guard down, Ben was lying in the middle of the little stream (again, I wish I had the camera out faster). It was really shallow and narrow so he was in no danger of drowning, in fact, after getting over the initial shock, he probably would have preferred to stay in the water. But we got him out, soaked chest to toes. Wyatt was very concerned about his wet clothes and tried to help wipe him off. He spent the rest of trip in his soggy diaper and onesie. The rest of the week I have spent doing church stuff, taking kids to the doctor (just check-ups) and helping out a friend who is pregnant and on total bed-rest. The bluebonnet picture at the top was taken in a field in front of our church.
After two planned photo sessions, one at the lake and one at the Wildflower Center, the best picture I got of Noah in the bluebonnets was taken spur of the moment while we were just goofing around in the field a couple evenings ago. The last picture is of my beautiful rose. Two years ago Greg gave me thorny twig in a pot for Valentine's Day (the "dumb, made up, retailer's holiday" he doesn't usually celebrate). Now the twig is a gorgeous rose bush with humungo flowers on it. So now, in the spring and summer, every couple of days, Greg gets me rose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the Noah/bluebonnet picture! Brings out the blue of his eyes!
Post a Comment