
I got a new camera! I'm so excited. It is awesome. Gotta love tax returns (and generous husbands)! I didn't get the camera until after Easter so I do not have any pictures from Easter. I was bummed I didn't have my new camera, plus mom and Dori were around with their fancy ones. So you have to wait for one of them to upload their pictures. This blog is filled with pictures taken in the past two days with my new camera. As for Easter, There will be no cute pictures of little darlings dressed in pretty pastels running through green grass to find brightly colored eggs.

Since it was a miserably dreary weekend with rain and 38 degree temps, the best we could do were kids wearing sweatshirts purchased on clearance from Wal-Mart the day before, finding eggs in piles of laundry and life jackets in the lakehouse basement. However, the eggs
were brightly colored and beautiful. Turned out that an egg hunt on a cement floor with a two and one year old is not the best idea. Immediately following the egg hunt was a boiled egg breakfast. Dacy and Wyatt loved the egg dying. Jon and Noah did about six each and went back to playing cars while Dacy and Wyatt could have dyed eggs all day long if we had let them.

Even though we had a lot of fun, I can't really think of anything else to write about about our Easter weekend. Friday we attempted to take pictures of the four kids in bluebonnets. I think we may have gotten a few good ones. We'll see what Dori posts. The kids were pretty cooperative, but it is just really hard to get four little ones to look the same direction at the same time without any tongues out, noses running, hands flailing or eyes closing. We did not have an dancing dogs or Papas this time to entertain them. The rest of the weekend was eating, cleaning up kids spills, washing dogs, eating, playing games, cleaning up kid spills, eating, playing games, etc. So far this week has just been an enjoyable, playful week with the boys. I spent most of today in the garden weeding, planting and murdering aphids.

Yesterday we found a dead lizard (from his physical condition, he probably died of natural causes) and the boys and I gave him a proper memorial service and burial. So when Wyatt found a rubber lizard today he attempted to bury it in the garden. It is still sitting by my tomatoes. Maybe it will scare off some bad bugs. So my new camera takes great pictures but I still have a lot to learn about it and I am not a skilled photographer by any means. But do expect to see more pics on here and my flickr. This last picture is Wyatt thinking "now mom has really lost it- she is laying in the front yard taking pictures of the sky."
No comments:
Post a Comment