I am just not in a blogging kinda mood this evening. In fact, I'm not often in a blogging mood these days. Maybe it is because I haven't taken as many pictures as I think I should, or I don't feel witty or I am just tired. But so many people enjoy this, especially Greg. So here I am trying to put something together. Since the last blog Noah has turned the big 5. Sadly, he is officially a boy now. Out of the T for toddler. He is getting all tall and stringy. We had his birthday party at Dori's house in Wylie. We were planning on having a big jump house, but while the bounce house guy was standing at the door it began to hail. So much for the jump house. Since Noah's four cousins are his only friends in Dallas, Dori had some filler kids come to the party. Noah loved it- even
without the jump house. Apparently, running amok in Dori's house playing cars, dressing up like princesses (the girls only) and eating cup cakes was a rockin' party for the kids. Actually, I'm.... older... and I think that sounds like a pretty good party too. The week of Noah's B-day Greg and I went to Vegas for a few days, leaving the boys with Mimi. The construction industry loves Vegas, surprising, huh? So Greg and I are Vegas experts. This time we stayed in the all suite Venetian. The room was awesome. We ate like royalty and, the best part, we went to the spa and had a couple's massage. Who needs gambling and clubs? I think we went to bed before 11 every night. Oh yeah, and Greg worked a lot (really, he did). Of course the boys had a blast with Mimi. They were good boys and Mimi was sad to see them go which was a relief to me.
Here is where I have run out of things to say so I will talk about the pictures. I took the boys to the zoo a few days ago. It was beautiful, we were the only ones there and we had a picnic. We were even there to see the tigers get fed. I was really excited for the boys to see the tigers tear into what looked like deer legs- I thought it was pretty cool- but they were totally unintrigued and were much more interested in the giant land turtles lying almost motionless in the dirt. Actually, the turtles were right up against the fence and seemed to 'play' with the boys, as much as giant 50 year old turtles can. I love this last picture. I have a really cute one of Noah posing perfectly in the chicken. But this one just says so much about Wyatt and Noah. Noah is doing his best to help his little brother and Wyatt is not really concerned about what is best.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment