
Trying to remember and keep up with all the cute little things these boys do is nearly impossible! They had a thing on the Today Show this morning about how when a woman has a baby her brain is altered by all the hormones and that, combined with sleep loss, leads to 'Momnesia'. Greg and I just thought I was going crazy. As we got older I would get crazier and his body would fall apart- we planned to even each other out. Good news- I just have Momnesia. I guess it cures itself when the kids get older and the stress declines. All that to say that I can never remember the things that I 'reminded' myself to remember when they happened. I do recall the other night, on the way church and Wyatt popped up with "My Birthday is coming up". We told him no, that he was only two and a half and still had quite a while until his b-day. Noah then said "You will be three on your next birthday". Wyatt sighed and said "I'm getting old." As if his 30th was looming.
Both Wyatt and Noah went from baby to little men. Instead of the little, unsteady toddler demeanor, they look like trim, confident little people. Wyatt's personality fits his look. He talks in a gruff, little man voice, his expressions are very serious and matter-of-fact. And, like Noah, he is a little salesman always looking to make a deal and negotiate. Another cute story- Wyatt loves to say 'thank you'. Especially to Noah. He thanks Noah for everything. The other night they were playing in their room and I heard Wyatt say "Thank you, Noah"- probably for something like parking his car in a good spot.
In a very big brother knows all kind of way Noah replied with "That's what you should pray. You should tell God: "Thank you for Noah"." I thought that was funny. In the evenings Greg does a Bible story with the boys. Before he starts, we go over the books of the Bible with Noah. He can recite all the books of the Old Testament and the four Gospels. A week or so ago Wyatt started piping in while Noah was reciting. We were amazed at how closely he had been listening and how well he knows them. So now he repeats each book right after Noah. There are few things cuter than a two year old saying 'Deuteronomy'. Not to brag too much, Wyatt can say almost his whole alphabet too. That really isn't my or Greg's doing though. We often listen to a children's CD in the car with the ABC song. The car taught him.
Both Wyatt and Noah went from baby to little men. Instead of the little, unsteady toddler demeanor, they look like trim, confident little people. Wyatt's personality fits his look. He talks in a gruff, little man voice, his expressions are very serious and matter-of-fact. And, like Noah, he is a little salesman always looking to make a deal and negotiate. Another cute story- Wyatt loves to say 'thank you'. Especially to Noah. He thanks Noah for everything. The other night they were playing in their room and I heard Wyatt say "Thank you, Noah"- probably for something like parking his car in a good spot.
In a very big brother knows all kind of way Noah replied with "That's what you should pray. You should tell God: "Thank you for Noah"." I thought that was funny. In the evenings Greg does a Bible story with the boys. Before he starts, we go over the books of the Bible with Noah. He can recite all the books of the Old Testament and the four Gospels. A week or so ago Wyatt started piping in while Noah was reciting. We were amazed at how closely he had been listening and how well he knows them. So now he repeats each book right after Noah. There are few things cuter than a two year old saying 'Deuteronomy'. Not to brag too much, Wyatt can say almost his whole alphabet too. That really isn't my or Greg's doing though. We often listen to a children's CD in the car with the ABC song. The car taught him.For those of you who don't know, Greg and I are leaving tomorrow for Indonesia. Yes, you hear right- Indonesia. We will be gone for nine days. For safety reasons, I don't want to say to much about the trip right now, but when we get back I will write all about it and post pictures. We are going to work with a Christian Classical School. The boys will be with Greg's parents. They are totally excited about living in a world of sno cones, waffles, movies and deer watching. So keep us and the boys in your prayers this week. We will be doing some exciting things!
1 comment:
How was Indonesia? I spent a few weeks in Bali at an orphanage a few years ago. Love all the pictures. You are so talented and such photogenic and adorable kiddos! I bet your parents are having so much fun being grandparents! Hope all is well...one of these days, we'll have to catch up.
Love,
Chelsea
Post a Comment