Sunday, June 25, 2006

Play, play, play

I started with this picture because this is about where our week began. I helped a friend throw a slumber party for the ninth grade girls in our church. We had a really fun time making (and devouring) and enormous sundae, hiking, painting toenails and doing makeovers. Yes, I know it is hard to beleive, but I participated in it all. Anyhow, I brought the boys over the next morning to visit with the girls and this how they 'fixed up' Wyatt. You may think this is not right but I think he was lucky not to get an avocado face mask or purple toenails. Noah loves those girls and just had a grand ol' time telling his stories to a very captivated and excited audience. He played his first game of Twister and it is hilarious to hear him tell the story. The jist of it is that the girls got all twisted up and fell over on him, hurting his arm slightly. He may never play Twister again. The rest of the week was pretty quiet. We did a lot of playing. Wyatt takes a few steps everytime he stands up. If he practiced more freestanding and squatting I think he would walk in not time, but he insists on skipping those skills and going straight to strutting across the room. This week I am on a mission to get a good picture of him in mid stride so ya'll don't think I'm just making this stuff up. In this picture he is 'dancing' to his singing dog. He loves that dog. He plays with it for several minutes, squeezing and hugging it to make it play different songs and say things. He will get bored with it and crawl away. The toy stays silents for a minute or so and then, in a last effort to keep the child's attention, it says 'Hug me' before turning off. When Wyatt hears that he will crawl back over and hug the dog, starting the singing all over again. I saw him repeat this little scene about three times. It was really cute. So the second picture is him hugging the dog. The last picture is just silly Wyatt. He thinks it is hilarious to smash his face against the mesh of his little tunnel and have me kiss or poke him through it. It entertains him for almost 15 minutes! That is like a whole movie to him. Last night he slept from 8:00 to 7 am- the longest stretch ever in his whole life. I really hope it sticks. He did not nurse at all today. So sad, but I think it is time to wean. Sometimes I am so ready to do it and other times it bums me out to think about it, but I guess he is ready.

No comments: