When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Ps 139:15-16
A little over a week ago Greg and I found out I was pregnant. It was a total surprise. We were a little freaked out by the thought of a third and all so close in ages, but excited too. Parents, siblings and close friends encouraged us and lifted us up. On thursday, almost 7 weeks along, I miscarried. The doctor said there was probably a chromosomal problem and the baby was not going to develop normally. Greg and I believe that this was not just a pregnancy or a fetus, but a life. It would be wrong of us, though easier, to just try to forget and move on. Every life deserves to be remembered and respected. Greg suggested I write about it since this blog has become a little family journal. I don't mean to be so somber, but this is just a way for us to remember that we are not in control of our lives. We are part of God's holy and perfect will.
I am doing fine. I have another doctor's appointment Monday just to make sure my hormones level out and my body recovers. It has been an emotional roller coaster the past couple weeks so Greg and I are going to do our best to just relax this weekend and spend time with the boys.
Friday, September 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My dear sweet Crysta--I wish I had
known. I, too, had this happen to
me when I was about 11 weeks along. I know what you are feeling and it's not easy but God's will be done. When it's His
time there may be another, as for me, there were six more blessings.
Our thoughts and our prayers are with you. Hugs from Grandpa & I
For some reason, seeing it written here made me cry. It was a life - a baby - who I will never forget.
All your babies are beautiful and this one is making heaven a little brighter. We'll all meet that little star someday...love you all...Mom
Post a Comment