Like weeds...
Yes, Yes, it has been a long time. I honestly cannot remember what all has happened since my last post. So I will just try to catch up on how quickly my boys are growing up! As fast as Noah is
growing, he will be a teenager by the end of the week. I really believe he is very smart, but what is more amazing are his social skills. He is known amongst our friends and church (and, at times, total strangers) for his animated storytelling. He loves to tell people about all the exciting things in his life, from how many cup holders are in aunt Dori's minivan to reinacting scenes from movies. His stories entertain those listening and they totally brighten our day because he has a way of highlighting the great things in our lives, reminding Greg and I just how blessed we are. If he could write, I'd let him do the blog. Maybe I should figure out how to do a video blog and just let him narrate our lives. He'd probably tell you about our "whole family" bike rides. He would definitely tell
you about Mimi, Papa, Grandma Jean and Grandpa Bob making a short visit last week and taking us to the Texican Cafe. That was the highlight of our week. Yesterday we did some Christmas shopping and worked on the slide for the playground. Both boys can hardly wait to have it finished. Today in Sunday school Noah made a little turkey and he had to put something he was thankful for on each feather. He put his playground on one of them. That he was thankful for a playground he isn't even able to play on yet, really tugged on Greg's heartstrings and motivated him to get to work on it this afternoon. Unfortunately, he still does not have the slide up because we had to go back up to church for other activities and events this evening. Here is Wyatt making his camera-flash-anticipation face. Wyatt is on the cusp of toddlerdom. He understands everything we say and has a definite opinion on all of it. He has learned to nod his head and, much to my dismay, to shake it as well. He is trying to repeat more and more words lately. He even has a few phrase like 'dog poop' and 'shop vac'. His most used words are trash, eat, dog, slide, sit, dad, please and fish. He loves to help around the house, which explains his vocabulary. He also has learned the word 'that', which he uses whenever he wants to know the word for something. His favorite game right now is to take all the small trash cans in the house, bring them into the kitchen next to the big one and transfer every thing fromt the small ones into the big one- one piece at a time. At our church thanksgiving dinnner
tonight he begged to get down from his highchair and then proceeded to walk around picking up pieces of food and debris that people had dropped on the floor and putting them on the highchair tray. I hope he keeps up this tidy obessesion into adulthood. He difinitely got it from Greg. And last, but not least, is a picture of our furriest family members. Our kid before we actually had kids. I used to have oodle of Riley and Yeti pictures but now my bytes are all the boys. So here is Yeti looking all sweet and clean after his bath... that he had to have because he rolled in something that was too vile to even write about. I didn't take a picture the next day when he rolled in it again and had to have another bath. Is it a surprise I don't give them as much camera time these days?
No comments:
Post a Comment