Yes, we did make it back from Indonesia. My blogging is just not what it used to be. You all know that Dori and I started our own a little announcement design/photography business. We have had a fair number of small projects- just enough to fund new stuff for our cameras. On top of that, I am now gainfully employed by MST Constructors as the marketing manager.
It is kind of a long story as to how and why I am working with Greg's company (in marketing of all things) but the short of it is that they have had problems keeping the position filled, I had the skills they needed and I was doing some of it already. So they hired me on as part time. I only go into the office twice a week when the boys are at our church preschool and the rest I do from home. As if I'm not busy enough, we also have a lot going on with church and I have been doing slideshows and scrapbooks of our Indonesia trip. I know everyone is anxious to hear about Indonesia but I will have to make that a seperate post. On Flickr I have been posting photos from the trip. Tonight I am trying to upload the last batch.
Soon I will also be posting photos from Easter, the first river trip of the year and last weekend's camping trip. We have done more fun stuff this spring but I keep forgetting my camera. I have so much stuff to remember (diapers, snacks, towels, sunscreen, the perfect toy auto for our destination, etc.) that last week I put Greg in charge of getting my camera. That, his wallet and his sunglasses are all he has to collect when we go somewhere (yet he is still the last one in the car.
So we had Easter at the lakehouse. We played in the freezing water, dyed eggs, hunted eggs and ate the eggs. Dacy is pretty much the same size as Noah now- a little heavier in fact. She will ougrow him really soon. Noah and Dacy are 18 mths apart yet Wyatt and Dacy are only 13 mths apart. But you would never guess by looking at them. Noah and Dacy look like twins. I wish I had a really good photo of them together. All four kids play together really well. Now that Wyatt is really talking, the other three (or at least Dacy) will include him. He loves to play with dolls and little animals so he and Dacy kind of buddy up. The four of them have got to be the world's cutest set of cousins.
The other night we were sitting at the dinner table and, as with most nights, we were struggling to get Noah to eat his food. He has gotten better in the past 6 months but he has his bad evenings.
This particular evening he was trying really hard, but he was doing more talking and whining than eating. We began our usual 'eat-your-dinner-or-else' lecture series. Noah interupted with "I want to be good, but you guys are just making it so hard." We thought that was hilarious but we had to supress our smiles and continue with the threats of eating cold fish for breakfast.
Last weekend we went camping at McKinney Falls State Park which is only 15 minutes from our house. Greg and I ride the mountain bike trail there all the time, but we have never really been through the rest of the park. Since all the other campgrounds within 60 miles of us were booked we went to McKinney Falls and camped at one of the last three spots they had left. It was a primitive site so it was a hike to the car, bathrooms and there was no water directly on our campsite.
We were suprised by how beautiful and big the park is. It is right on Onion Creek. The primitive sites are on the banks of the creek, tons of huge trees tower over them and the ground is nice, flat green grass. So we pitched our tent Friday night and had a great time. We cooked steak and hot dogs and roasted 'watermelons' (Wyatt can't say marshmellows so he just calls them watermelons). Everything was really awesome except the actual attempt at sleeping. We now know that the boys can not sleep next to each other. Wyatt is like Greg and wants to cuddle. Noah is like me and doesn't want anyone touching him while he sleeps. I madesthe mistake of bringing just enough bedding so that they had to share. Their arguing coupled with Noah's horrible cough made for a miserable night. Oh, and we are dog sitting Sneezer so we had three dogs pacing in our little four man tent while we tried to sleep. About 3:30am we finally decided to put Wyatt between us (I had to give up my thermarest), let the dogs out of the tent (at this point we were unconcerned if they wandered off or ate the trash of the neighboring site) and let Noah have half the tent to himself. Once we got it all figured out we slept till 8 which is a pretty late morning for this household. We brought the boys' big wagon, Wyatt's trailer and all our bikes, so the next morning we all rode the 3 mile paved trail, the boys pulled the wagon up and down the dirt path and Greg went for his own mountain bike ride. Hopefully, we will get to go on another trip before the weather gets too hot.
Later that day we went to Maddie's 5th birthday party at the Little Buckaroo Ranch. The boys rode a Shetland pony. Wyatt was so excited to go to this party. He insisted on wearing his shirt with the cowboy boot on it, his cowboy hat with the bandana and his boots.
He loves anything having to do with cowboys, horses or farms. Last week he had climbed up on a little play structure and said "I'm grown up." I asked him what he was going to do now that he was grown up. He said "Get a farm. Be a cowboy." It is funny that his two loves are boats and cowboy stuff. They don't really go togther. Anyhow, he was ecstatic to ride the pony. He did so good. He was totally unafraid, did exactly what 'Cowgirl Miriam' told him to do and she remarked at how well he did for his age and didn't beleive us when we said he had never been this close to a horse before in his life. She assumed we had some regular contact with horses, that is until Noah got on the pony. He had fun and listened, but he flopped around on the back of the pony and kept pulling the reins to his chest and his toes were pointed all wrong. But he enjoyed himself and looked cute in a cowboy hat.
I probably won't get to uploading all my pictures on Flickr tonight so keep checking back in the next few days.
It is kind of a long story as to how and why I am working with Greg's company (in marketing of all things) but the short of it is that they have had problems keeping the position filled, I had the skills they needed and I was doing some of it already. So they hired me on as part time. I only go into the office twice a week when the boys are at our church preschool and the rest I do from home. As if I'm not busy enough, we also have a lot going on with church and I have been doing slideshows and scrapbooks of our Indonesia trip. I know everyone is anxious to hear about Indonesia but I will have to make that a seperate post. On Flickr I have been posting photos from the trip. Tonight I am trying to upload the last batch.Soon I will also be posting photos from Easter, the first river trip of the year and last weekend's camping trip. We have done more fun stuff this spring but I keep forgetting my camera. I have so much stuff to remember (diapers, snacks, towels, sunscreen, the perfect toy auto for our destination, etc.) that last week I put Greg in charge of getting my camera. That, his wallet and his sunglasses are all he has to collect when we go somewhere (yet he is still the last one in the car.
So we had Easter at the lakehouse. We played in the freezing water, dyed eggs, hunted eggs and ate the eggs. Dacy is pretty much the same size as Noah now- a little heavier in fact. She will ougrow him really soon. Noah and Dacy are 18 mths apart yet Wyatt and Dacy are only 13 mths apart. But you would never guess by looking at them. Noah and Dacy look like twins. I wish I had a really good photo of them together. All four kids play together really well. Now that Wyatt is really talking, the other three (or at least Dacy) will include him. He loves to play with dolls and little animals so he and Dacy kind of buddy up. The four of them have got to be the world's cutest set of cousins.The other night we were sitting at the dinner table and, as with most nights, we were struggling to get Noah to eat his food. He has gotten better in the past 6 months but he has his bad evenings.
This particular evening he was trying really hard, but he was doing more talking and whining than eating. We began our usual 'eat-your-dinner-or-else' lecture series. Noah interupted with "I want to be good, but you guys are just making it so hard." We thought that was hilarious but we had to supress our smiles and continue with the threats of eating cold fish for breakfast.Last weekend we went camping at McKinney Falls State Park which is only 15 minutes from our house. Greg and I ride the mountain bike trail there all the time, but we have never really been through the rest of the park. Since all the other campgrounds within 60 miles of us were booked we went to McKinney Falls and camped at one of the last three spots they had left. It was a primitive site so it was a hike to the car, bathrooms and there was no water directly on our campsite.
We were suprised by how beautiful and big the park is. It is right on Onion Creek. The primitive sites are on the banks of the creek, tons of huge trees tower over them and the ground is nice, flat green grass. So we pitched our tent Friday night and had a great time. We cooked steak and hot dogs and roasted 'watermelons' (Wyatt can't say marshmellows so he just calls them watermelons). Everything was really awesome except the actual attempt at sleeping. We now know that the boys can not sleep next to each other. Wyatt is like Greg and wants to cuddle. Noah is like me and doesn't want anyone touching him while he sleeps. I madesthe mistake of bringing just enough bedding so that they had to share. Their arguing coupled with Noah's horrible cough made for a miserable night. Oh, and we are dog sitting Sneezer so we had three dogs pacing in our little four man tent while we tried to sleep. About 3:30am we finally decided to put Wyatt between us (I had to give up my thermarest), let the dogs out of the tent (at this point we were unconcerned if they wandered off or ate the trash of the neighboring site) and let Noah have half the tent to himself. Once we got it all figured out we slept till 8 which is a pretty late morning for this household. We brought the boys' big wagon, Wyatt's trailer and all our bikes, so the next morning we all rode the 3 mile paved trail, the boys pulled the wagon up and down the dirt path and Greg went for his own mountain bike ride. Hopefully, we will get to go on another trip before the weather gets too hot.Later that day we went to Maddie's 5th birthday party at the Little Buckaroo Ranch. The boys rode a Shetland pony. Wyatt was so excited to go to this party. He insisted on wearing his shirt with the cowboy boot on it, his cowboy hat with the bandana and his boots.
He loves anything having to do with cowboys, horses or farms. Last week he had climbed up on a little play structure and said "I'm grown up." I asked him what he was going to do now that he was grown up. He said "Get a farm. Be a cowboy." It is funny that his two loves are boats and cowboy stuff. They don't really go togther. Anyhow, he was ecstatic to ride the pony. He did so good. He was totally unafraid, did exactly what 'Cowgirl Miriam' told him to do and she remarked at how well he did for his age and didn't beleive us when we said he had never been this close to a horse before in his life. She assumed we had some regular contact with horses, that is until Noah got on the pony. He had fun and listened, but he flopped around on the back of the pony and kept pulling the reins to his chest and his toes were pointed all wrong. But he enjoyed himself and looked cute in a cowboy hat.I probably won't get to uploading all my pictures on Flickr tonight so keep checking back in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment