Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Please Motivate Me!!!


I need motivation to keep this blog going! I told mom the other day that I feel like our little family life doesn't seem blog-worthy. It is pretty much 'here is a picture of Wyatt in the river, a photo of Noah at the lake' and 'Greg with no shirt on'. But I love reading the old blogs and it is the closest thing I have to a journal. The boys are growing fast and I am already forgetting things about their toddlerhood that I thought I would never forget. So, to my dedicated followers, drop me a line to let me know I still have readers. Motivate and inspire me to continue this blog jog of life. I am timing myself right now to see how long it really takes me to do a post. Hopefully it takes less time than I thought and I can eliminate one excuse. And since the other two excuses are asleep right now I should have plenty of time...

Yea, so the summer is coming to a close. If you have been keeping up with my flickr you have seen pictures of the boys with their cousins, the boys running amuck, Greg perfecting new tricks on the wakeboard, and very little of me. We have had a very busy summer. Mom and dad moved into our lovely town of Buda ('Bew-Duh' for you outsiders) and are slowly becoming countryfied. This is the first time for Greg and I to live so close to parents. It is great! The boys love pop-ins at Mimi's! Refer to Dori's Flickr for pics of the new place. Noah and Wyatt just love riding their bikes and scooters up and down their neverending driveway. Big news for us- We bought an acre of land! It is gorgeous and we can have chickens! (Disclaimer for our nieghbors: we will keep the chickens confined to a coop and no roosters) Here is a picture from which you really can't tell much. It has around 30 big oaks on it. We marked exactly where we set the tripod for this picture and hope to take photos as the construction of our house progresses. That probably won't start for several months. We have a lot of clearing, site work and design to do before that. Of course Greg is designing and building it. I can't wait! The property is in Manchaca ('Man-Chack' is how the locals say it, but I like Man-chaca). As the crow flies it is only a mile or so from Mom and Dad's new place, but by road it is a good 10 minute drive because we are both 'so far out there' as mom says a lot these days. A whole 15 minutes from SuperTarget!! Anyhow, if you can see past the giant brush piles of cut cedar, the huge rocks, tall grass and chiggers our property is gorgeous!

Another thing keeping us busy this summer and distracting me from my blog is my part time marketing job with MST. Love the job, but it is hard to do it and be a stay at home mom. Plus, the Wonderfully Made work here and there and church activities and the occassional Wii party. It is all just too much.

Oh! You are reading this because you want to hear about Noah and Wyatt! Sorry to keep you waiting. They are doing great. Wyatt is energetic, imaginative and all the other 'nice' adjectives people politely use for crazy little boys. Really, he is a good boy, just more boy than good sometimes. His favorite things in life are boats, the river, trailers and terrorizing the neighbor's cats (hey, those cats still run up to him everytime he is outside). He is out of his mind excited about his upcoming birthday. For a long time I would ask him how old he was going to be on his next birthday and he would start at 7 and I'd say 3, then he'd say 5 and I'd say 3, and he'd settle at 4 and walk away. He has recently conceded to be 3 but still says he is taller than Noah. He is definitely a big man trapped in a little guy. But I think his toughness and confidence is good because he is small for his age and there is a good chance he always will be. Noah is still outgoing, easygoing and sweet as can be. Even though he is entering that wierd little boy stage where they make awful sound affects for everything and like to be overly goofy. He starts kindergarten this year. I am planning to homeschool him because I loathe the school he is supposed to attend and we probably won't live here by this time next year. We have been trying out some curriculum this summer and he seems to be catching on easy enough. It only takes 1-2 hours a day to do it. I can't imagine what they do with them at school for 7 hours. Probably lots of potty breaks, snacks and recess. Throw in a trip to HEB and that pretty much sums up our days at home too.

So, remember to send that word of encouragement. I want to be a dilligent blogger, but I need your support!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I would love to keep reading. Your boys are adorable and I can live my TX life vicariously though you!

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about your blogs. I never miss them ad show them off to friends hen I travel. Keep 'em coming. Dad.

Anonymous said...

I had stopped checking regularly mostly because we live so close now, but I love to read the blogs! The boys are constantly doing and saying things we all love to hear and you and Greg do lots of interesting things! The upcoming lake renovations, the property/new house, Noah and Wyatt's school activities should keep you full of news for a long time! I know you're busy, but keep up the blog...we really enjoy it! Mom